Friday, July 10, 2009

No running for a couple of weeks

Went to physio, prognosis was groin strain and not to run for a couple of weeks. I'm relying on my supernatural recuperative powers to be out there sooner :), next visit is on Wed and there will then be some focus on groin as well as lower back.

Thanks Sugar and Biscuitman on your comments, maybe a blessing in disguise to stop me from rushing back too quickly.

In the meantime, more cycling and light stretching, I'm hoping to be back to 100km per week by 2nd week of August.

4 comments:

homo said...

As long as you don't lounge around (too much), you'll be fine with time off your feet.

DC64 said...

I suppose this is the best time to get injured ; a lot of people take two weeks off after a marathon anyway. You do seem to heal quickly so I doubt you'll lose anything at all and will come back stronger!

Epi said...

Sorry to hear that.

Is Sydney out for you? or will you see how things go?

trailblazer777 said...

the timing of the time off is good...just make sure you do a good job of getting it right, and try to avoid reoccurence...should be full steam ahead by mid to late August as long as you ease back into it gradually and not too soon...If it was me I'd be keeping the Sydney option firmly on the agenda...
all the best with getting things right in the next few weeks...