Sunday, July 19, 2009

Commenced Running

Decided to give running a go yesterday as I got a bit sick of riding the exercise bike and am quite happy with progress, although still a bit tender. Have a couple more physio sessions booked tomorrow and Wednesday so hopefully progress continues.

Cardio Work 4h20min

Mon 40 mins Bike
Wed 40 mins Bike
Thurs 60 mins Bike
Fri 60 Mins Bike
Sat 6k run @5:00
Sun 7k run @4:50

Been doing some upper body work, core strengthening exercises and lots of new stretching exercises.

Hopefully next week can do betweeen 50-70k of running as I slowly build up, all at 4:40 pace or slower and all on the flat.

On the sporting front, great time of the year with the Ashes, footy and cycling being on, lots of channel switching occurring.

Hopefully the Aussies can pull their fingers out in the Second Test, history is against them though so batting well against the new ball is imperative. Would be nice to see Hughes in full flight and then the others dig in.

The footy is not pleasant to watch at present, can the Eagles finally beat the Dockers next week?, I have my doubts but hopefully we can as I'm sick of losing to them. Also don't think the Saints will win the Premiership,have a feeling it may be the year of the Dog, would be nice to see the Bullies win.

Would love to see Lance win the Tour again, what an impressive result that would be. Been a strange week on the tour with not a lot happening in the movements at the top of the leaderboard in general lassificationbut I have a feeling its about to heat up in a big way. Comeon Lance.

4 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Hey Clown - I agree with you on everything ... especially the Bulldogs!!

Hoping Lance can do the business and reckon tonight might be the stage he makes his move.

Sling Runner said...

Hi Rob,

Good to see you running again. Just take it easy for a while.

Anonymous said...

Rob,
Great see you running again.

I think I can safely say my running injury is due to my ignorance to the importance of stretching and strengthening muscles.

Gunner

trailblazer777 said...

Take it easy...
My wife would disagree but I think it will be 7 in a row to the purple army...
Le Tour is cool ...I sometimes catch a bit after work...
Hopefully Australia can square the ledger in The Ashes