Monday, January 28, 2008

Better week

This week was able to increase the k's, however did not get to the 100k's as planned due to not getting up early enough on a couple of occasions and as a result running in 33-35 deg which cut the distance I ran. Struggled a bit on those days I stopped on a few occasions and took it easy and drank plenty.

Week in summary 94k 7h36m Avg Pace 4:51

Tues am 10k250m @4:26 incl 8.25k @ 4:20 which is slightly slower than threshold pace. Felt quite comfortable at that pace which incl some small hills.

Wed am 13k @ 4:58 General type of run
pm 7k @5:07 Recovery

Thurs pm 6k520m @4:59 run in 35 deg and struggled stopping a few times as I wrestled with my mind

Fri pm 11k250m @ 4:52 run in 33 deg and once again struggled with the heat mentally more than physically. Took a gel at 10k which enabled me to finish strongly.

Sat am 13k @ 4:51 incl 8*250m pickups run at threshold to interval pace. Finished with last 3.75k run at 4:30 pace (hopefully marathon pace).

Sun am 33k @4.55 Tough run with Craig incl hills through Bold Park and Hale Road. Tackled the hills pretty hard through Bold Park which made it tougher later on. Was happy to finish the last few k on my own without dropping the pace and feel as though it was good to do a run like this and simulate being quite tired . Definitely the toughest long run I've done in a while and even had a quick nap afterwards which is something I haven't done in a while.

Week ahead will be similar in overall structure with hopefully a 100+ k a week. Long run to be slower and slight increase in no of k's run at approx threshold pace.

1 comment:

homo said...

Hey Clown -

I have to admit that reading your and Epi's blog leaves somewhere between envy and awe. You guys have been on a curve leading nowhere but up.

If you read my blog, you'll see what I mean. I think I'll leave doing the Boston marathon in the pile of things to do in my next life ;-).

Stay on course and Canberra will be an absolute blast. I'm really looking forward to chasing you and Epi.