Sunday, February 3, 2008

Average Week

Week in Summary 90.55k @4.57

Funny that I now consider this as being an average week as a week like this a few months ago, I would have been ecstatic.

Still struggling with the monotony and the mental side at the moment and give in too easily and all of a sudden become lazy and make excuses and stop. Classic examples were my tempo session cut short and long run today after parting ways with Craig when I'm on my own where I just couldn't be bothered anymore. The legs and body were feeling great, I just don't understand.

On a positive note, 7 of the last 9 weeks have been 90k+ and Canberra will have plenty of runners so I won't be on my own and hopefully won't give in. Also tried the High 5 drink which will be used at Canberra and quite enjoyed the taste as well using gel for long run.

Mon am 8k250m@5.27 Recovery run, legs especially shins very sore from yesterday.
Tues am 10k @4.46 Easy run
Wed am 10k250m@4.47 Easy run
Thu pm 3k50m@4.55 Shins very sore and quite hot in the arvo, so cut run short
Fri am 13k500m@4.37 incl 3*2.5k tempos at 4.20 pace,short break in between
pm 8k@5.06 Recovery run in 34 deg
Sat pm 8k500m@4.58 Easy run in 35 deg
Sun am 29k@5.01 Long run with Craig

Next week I hope to increase the km's and won't be doing any tempo work during the working week. Would love to try and get a mid long run mid week in and hope to do a 25k run next Sun with 20k@ Marathon Pace. Also have a Podiatrist and Physio sessions booked in.

Congrats to Craig for reaching the 100k mark this week.

No comments: