Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered

Unfortunately ended up with a virus that kept me in bed from Sun night to Thurs and as a result running for the week was limited to Fri,Sat and Sun. Had full intentions of doing long run with Craig on Sunday am but ended up watching the tennis as I couldn't sleep and got to bed really late, sorry Craig and ended up doing pm run instead.

Going through my records for Sydney I also noticed that the 7th week of the programme was when I struggled and was very lethargic, recovered and then did a great week after that.

Still having excess wear on the outside left heel and the Glycerines are nearly worn completely out at less than 250k's, Nimbus are up to 380 with a little bit of wear left. May go to a shoesmith and see whether they can build the heel, have tried shoe goo previously and not a big fan. Will visit podiatrist again in the next few weeks and show results, last time gave us some exercises to do to try and assist but still obviously not changing my foot strike which has changed since orthotics buildup. Hopefully they can assist as going through shoes very quickly, although at least not so many injuries.

From a positive note, most of the niggles have disappeared and as it was going to be a recovery week, just meant that the k's were a bit lower than I was anticipating. Felt refreshed on my Sun run and the motivation that was waning appears to be back.

Week in Summary 41k 3h13m11s Avg 4.42

Fri 12k340m 1hr 4.52 Hills
Sat 12k660m 58m incl 7k@4.20, bit slower than tempo pace
Sun 16k 1h15m11s Progression Style run with 4k splits being 19:02,19:18,18:44,18:07

Next week I hope to do 100k+ incl some tempo running, long run Sun am. Going to be a challenge trying to do all running in the am which means very early mornings.

2 comments:

Epi said...

No worries - good to see you get back into it so well after the days off

see you next Sunday - I'll head off from my place about 6:45 unless I hear from you otherwise.

trailblazer777 said...

Getting it right with shoes is so important...early mornings the best if you can do it...