Monday, January 7, 2008

Mental toughness required for those longer mid week runs

Have been struggling a bit with the longer midweek runs ie all of a sudden decide I can't be bothered again more, stop for a bit and then start up again and thus begins a vicious cycle. Not sure whether it is because of the heat, running the same route ie Yokine Reseve Route (3.5km) a no of times, combination or just being plain lazy. Something I need to work on that's for sure.

On a positive note, however was able to run even with foot playing up by popping some nurofen plus a couple of hours before each run and really enjoyed the long run Sun am although the right hammy did tighten up near the end. Keeping fairly well to schedule at present whilst on holidays, will be interesting to see when I go back to work how I'll go.

Week in Summary: 101k 8h19m Avg Pace 4m56s
Tues 16k 1h15m12s
Wed 6k 31m30s
Thu 19k 1h34m22s
Fri 23k 1h54m54s
Sat 8k 40m46s
Sun 29k 2h22m30s

If everything goes to plan the week coming up should be fairly similar k's although will be hoping to do some tempo work and increase my long run to 32k

2 comments:

Epi said...

Thats some impressive mileage!.

Missed you Sunday morning - I started early and did a loop before coming back to near McDonalds but I think you must have passed by already.

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself re the mid week long runs - I haven't managed any yet

homo said...

I agree with Epi. There's a lot of things going for you I'd like at the moment.
It seems to me that you might do with some variety, ie new courses, maybe some riding, swimming, skating, gym?