Sunday, January 13, 2008

Bit of a struggle this week

Struggled a bit this week due to extremely sore achilles that occurred at end of medium long run on Wed and has been sore since , maybe due to do tempo the day before and as a result popping quite a few Nurofen Plus and times have been a bit slower this week.

Managed to complete nearly the no of k's I wanted, thanks to Craig and long run with him this morning, thanks for inspiring us to continue as I'm sure if I had have gone solo today, wouldn't have gone close to no of k's I did. Limping quite badly at the moment but am due for a recovery week this week, perfect timing so hopefully that and maybe a physio session will help.

Last 6 weeks running has been 90k,75k,93k,90k,101k and this week of 100k which is by far the most no of k's I have run in a 6 week period.

Starting to learn the importance of the recovery runs and hopefully will slow them down further and get some more quality into some of the other runs I'm doing which will be the focus over the next few weeks.

Week in Summary 100k 8h19m Avg Pace 4:59

Tues pm - 14k500m 68m incl tempo run of 7.2k in 30m12s(4.12 pace). Was only going to do 6.5k tempo but because I stopped a couple of times, still a disciplinary issue(mental) I increased the distance.

Wed pm- 22k400m 1h50m28s Found another route which was quite good for medium long run and happy with pace, unfortunately hurt achilles near end and foot still quite sore from previous week

Thurs am 8k350m 44m30s Recovery run and very painful one at that. Dragged myself through the k's. Would have liked to have done Thurs pm but off to Mandurah

Fri pm 13k250m 1h6m15s Was meant to do 19k but combination of still being very sore and being on holidays with Trace meant run was cut short.

Sat am 10k500m 51m43s Another recovery type run.

Sun am 31k 2h37m48s Long run with Craig, today. Scheduled to do 32k today but car was right at 31k and was very sore in the last 6k's so decided a good time to stop. Couldn't have run much quicker today so hopefully I didn't hold Craig up too much .

Schedule I've been following reasonably closely has next week as a 88k recovery week but will probably reduce that to around 70-75k. Was tempted to do Christchurch next Sunday but think I may be best suited to doing a medium long run instead. All the best to Henry should he decide to do Christchurch.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

That's a great 6 week block of aerobic training. I don't think I ever done that many kms in 6 weeks without any interruptions etc. You are an aerobic machine by now.