Sunday, August 9, 2009

The plodmaster

Pretty happy with how I ran all week, although unfort missed doing my long run today as I've been in bed most of the day, feeling a bit off colour. I'm hoping to make up for the loss of km's by doing an extra medium long run this week.

The emphasis at present is very much on the endurance phase of the program and making most of my runs fairly easy efforts. The adductor/groin area is still a bit dodgey, however may be a blessing in disguise as it ensures I don't try and run too fast.

Week in Summary 71k@4:45

Mon Leg Strengthening and stretching

Tues 14.5k@$:45
Upperbody,stomach strengthening and stretching

Wed 15.5k@4:43

Thurs 20k@4:48
Legs

Fri 8k@4:57 Recovery run. Tried 2140's, not sure I like them as much as the 2130's, shins a bit sore afterwards.

Sat 13k@4:36
Upperbody and Stomach

Still unsure as what my plans are re City to Surf. Will keep on plugging away on my program and believe I'm about 4-6 weeks away from being back in Pre Perth form, hopefully I can peak at the right time.

Watched the last bit of Sydney City to Surf and was very happy to see Michael Shelley win. Epi and I saw him win Canberra 10k last year and he seems to be going from strength to strength.

Great win by the Eagles and then the Dockers today, the two WA teams are really shaping the way the 8 will pan out.

Also, great to see the Aussies on the brink of levelling the Ashes. I was cursing after the first ball of the test when Billy gave Strauss not out when plumb in front and I thought here we go again. Great to see Clark back and bowling well, Johnson finding some form and seeing North get another century. Kudos to Watson for his 3rd 50 on the trot, certainly doing better than I thought he would. Lets hope Hussey can get out of his slump shortly.

3 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Nothing wrong with building your endurance base since there are still 9 weeks to go. You can focus on doing lots of MP stuff in last 6weeks.

trailblazer777 said...

Another good week logged, and when the time comes you will be primed and ready for the more intense stuff...Nice goals from Embley in the last quarter your mob are a mathematical chance for some september action still! We just enjoyed giving Port a right thrashing...Nice to see te Australians square it up with a total demolition flogging of the Poms...what a wonderful team they are when Freddy and Pieterson are gone...
Game on at The Oval for The Ashes!

Biscuitman said...

I am pretty much at the same stage as you, building endurance now before sharpening down to marathon pace on more of my runs as it gets closer to race day.

Still think the 12k is the better option for City2Surf especially if your injury is not 110% given the hills in the half and that you will be running them on fatigued legs. Hard course to run a PB on if you don't taper and if you do taper you will be reducing mileage at the wrong time for an October marathon.