Sunday, August 30, 2009

6 weeks to go

First of all a big congrats to Epi on doing sub 3 at City to Surf Marathon, fantastic effort. Looks as though Biscuitman and Sugar also did very well in their 12k runs, well done.


Week in Summary 108.5km@4:42

Feeling very tired at the moment and have felt flat for a couple of days. Unfort didn't run City to Surf Half this morning as I wasn't feeling well after getting to sleep at 1 and waking at 4 with a shocking headache, took some tablets and went back to sleep.

Overall I'll rate the week as maybe a pass, I got the kms in that I wanted to albeit, artificially with a lot of stops in my Sun pm run. Also did my Intervals, however didn't manage to get in the no of Marathon km's that was required.


Tues 10km@5:09 Recovery

Wed am 8.05km@4:58 Recovery

pm 5.5km warmup @4:52

Intervals 5*1200@3:48 on the oval ie 4:35's with 2:20-2:30 Recoveries (450m jog@5:20).

First Intervals session for months and other than sore right calf pulled up pretty well. About 5-10 secs slower than I need to get these to, but not a bad effort. Not sure how quick I should do the Recoveries but seemed to get onto the next one well, so must be about right.

pm 4.75km@5:07 Cooldown

Thurs pm 21.5k@4:50 Medium Long run

Fri 10k incl 6k@4:25

Sat 9k@4:43

Sun am 10.2km @4:16 pace including 4k@3:55 from Scarborough to see Epi finish his Marathon, big break before heading back to Scarborough.

pm 21.3km including 12k@MP with big breaks in cooldown.

I have to trust my training and stay positive, even though I'm doing a lot more easy type runs and recovery runs . My month of Aug at 434kms is my second highest ever behind May at 465km, although about 10 secs slower,

Unfort the Ipod died this afternoon before my run, so will have to buy another one as I've been relying on running with my music lately. Will prob take a rest day again tomorrow to recharge the batteries and hopefully be back on track to put in around the same no of kms again next week but with a long run on Sat instead of Sun.

3 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Looking good, Rob. I think your training is better structured this time around.

Epi said...

That's a pretty impressive August total given the recovery included at the start.

Thanks again for the support at the end - greatly appreciated!!

I hope to be doing enough to accompany you for part of your final long runs in the leadup to Melbourne

trailblazer777 said...

Another solid week logged...sounds like you are on track and the mileage totals are very impressive..pity about the Half not being a goer, but doesnt matter in the master plan at the moment...good that you could be there to see Epi bringing it home in a stunning, finest hour effort...6 weeks to the big one where we run on to the G!!!!