Sunday, June 28, 2009

A bit of rambling

Pretty happy with effort this week as part of the taper with all days other than today having portions of running at MP or quicker. Had a bit of a scare on Wed when I felt pain in the area which caused me to miss Canberra, plenty of work with the tens machine, icing and tiger balm have kept it under control.

Week in Summary 60.2k@4:23

Tues 10.1k incl 1k@4:28 warmup,7.1k@4:13,2k@4:38 cooldown

Wed 8k incl 1k@4:23,6k@4:00,1k@4:16

Thus 8k incl 1k@4:33,5k@4:16,2k@4:35

Fri 10k incl 1k@4:27,9k@4:09

Sat 8.1k incl 6.11k@4:16,2k@4:23

Sun 16k@4:46 Easy run with Craig and Henry along part of the Marathon course.

Great to see Nic Natanui's last quarter for the Eagles, unbelievable and nice to get another win on the board.


On a separate note, one of the guys that I used to work at when we were named Power Business Systems is now worth 100m, unbelievable, I knew he'd done well but that's insane. Even when Trace and I win Lotto next week, 90m, we'll still be behind :).

Best of luck to Widi doing Gold Coast, should see another pb on the cards and to Sugar and Biscuiman in their relay team, hopefully you can't catch Epi and I though. Lets hope that Epi, Homo,TB and I can all do pb's at Perth next week as well.

Plan for next week is to run 3 days for a total of 20-25k and then run a good Marathon on Sunday.

6 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Rob - Good to see you back on track after a difficult patch in the previous week.

All the best!

homo said...

Hope I won't keep you and Epi waiting for me for too long on Sunday!

trailblazer777 said...

All the best with the quest on July 5th. see you there, as I struggle to go sub 4, and maybe, just maybe, this time I can knock off that 3.55...

looks like Nick N has not only given John W hope, he's won a game for you west coasters already, he is a unique mover, incredible to watch. My wife has an eagles video to watch this week, after 5 weeks of waiting...

All the best on July 5th, hope its a memorable day!

DC64 said...

Echoing my comment on Epi's blog, all the best for Sunday. You've trained well and there's only one thing left to do... the low mileage this week will take care of the niggles. Have a great day on Sunday. PB's all round I'm sure.

Biscuitman said...

Best of luck for Sunday - weather forecast is looking promising and you've done all the work. Hope to catch up and congratulate you after the race.

Clown said...

Thanks Guys. Let's hope there are high fives allround.