Sunday, June 7, 2009

4 weeks to go

Had a lower km week as a result of only running 6 days this week, broke a run of 37 consecutive days and no long run. Seems to be the lower km week that I always seem to have to have, this week has been for a variety of reasons, so may be a good omen. Week coming up I hope to make amends by putting in some decent km's including 2 long runs.


Week in Summary 65.5km@4:20

Mon 8.05k@4:29

Tues 8.45k@4:21 including last 4k@MP

Wed no run due to work commitments and weather

Thurs 12.67k incl 2.86km@4:26 warmup,5k@4:00,4.81k@4:26 cooldown

Fri 12k@4:24

Sat 9k@4:20 incl first 5k@MP


Sun Turned up to do Lake Monger 10k and missed the start, time got away from me as I went for 3k warmup, saw Craig on the way and quick loo stop.

Decided to at least do some quicker running so set out at approx 10k pace(believe I can go pretty close to sub 38 at the moment) and did 3.33k@3:45 pace and was feeling quite comfortable. Stopped there as I was becoming increasingly frustrated at paths being blocked by runners 4 wide and pedestrians not keeping to their side of the path, I can just imagine how Sling feels.

Total 15.33k incl Warmup 3k@4:20,10K pace-3.33k@3:45, 9k@4:26.

So where does this leave me in my Marathon prep? I've done 4 30k runs in the last 6 weeks and hope to do another 3 before taper. My km's and pace have been significantly better than previous Marathon attempts. The one area I've fallen down on though is lack of medium long runs, although these have never been a major part of any other campaigns. I still think a PB should be on the cards, can I push that sub 3 hour, in 4 weeks we will know.

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Rob,

I wouldn't worry too much of not doing a lot of long MP runs since your average training pace is fast. Your easy runs are typically about 10-15secs/k slower than MP, so it's about there anyway. That's also the reason why I suggested you to do Lake Monger since your average training pace is already near MP.

The last 10k race in Singapore has a running path similar width to Lake Monger, but the number of runners are typically 1000-2000 !!

trailblazer777 said...

youve messed up now, no medium MP runs, sure to be over 5 hours now! *LOL* just joking, be interesting to see what happens on July 5...but looking good...David Crinitis training for an unexpected Canberra marathon win makes interesting reading especially the 2x 35k runs 5 days before, see latest issue of R4YL...