Sunday, June 14, 2009

Have I gone mad?

This week the focus was on getting some km's into the legs after a lower week last week. I'm just hoping that today's running (44km in total)doesn't take me over the edge, I'm feeling pretty good at present other than the calves being a bit sore.


Week in Summary - 135k@4:28-Record week.

Year to Date Total -1759km's at 4:36

Last 7 weeks 710km@4:31

Mon 20k@4:30 Including a few hills. Struggled a bit today and took a few breaks on the way.

Tues 20.25k@4:41 Lots of hills, very up and down course and very happy with run.

Wed 11k@4:34

Thurs 12k@4:26 Includede a couple of km's at MP.

Fri 14k including 10k@4:13, 4k@4:34 cooldown. Quick deep tissue massage in my lunch break which helped my calves no end

Sat 13.75k@4:23

Sun am 35k@4:24 Caught up with Craig at 6.45 after he had already done 8k on another stunning morning, min temp was 3 degrees but it didn't feel that cold. Proceeded to then run at 3h5min Marathon pace for nearly all of the run. Quick stretch break at 19k and 28k, piriformis quite tight. Left Craig at 30.5k and ran back to the car. Felt really good throughout the run with only the tightness being an issue. Craig ran an impressive 39k and even included a couple of km's at 4.05's, no wonder I'm the underdog.

pm 9k@4:34 Easy run in the arvo and passed the 7.2k at 32:40 meaning that I'd done a Marathon for the day in 3:07:10, pb of 2 minutes :).

Did some quick patchup work on my orthotics this afternoon but they really need some refurbishment, so looks as though a visit to the pod is in order. Hopefully, I can get them back within a day or so, so may take a rest day early on in the week,will wait and see as I know I'll be tempted to tempt fate and run with my old orthotics in.


Next week will hopefully do around 80km's as the taper commences with some quicker stuff thrown in.

On another note, looks as though I'm off to Everest in Nov which is something I've wanted to do since I was about 6, with Craig,his dad and maybe one other so something to look forward to along with seeing Nic Natanui step up for the Eagles.

4 comments:

Sling Runner said...

What a week! Take care of your nutrition and recovery plans for the next few days. When I was in Perth, I used to do a second run after a long run and they put me in deep hole.

Anyway, impressive week with a big finish and coupled with medium long runs as well.

Epi said...

Anyone who runs a 135km week is never the underdog - that status is mine!!

I had a sneaking suspicion you were going to have a big day, you looked too fresh after 30km.

DC64 said...

Great stuff - all systems go for the 5th. Enjoy the taper... and, yes.

trailblazer777 said...

congrats on the record K's. 135km is pretty special effort.
Awesome! great pace too. Youve earnt a big taper there with that one. As Sling said, its mostly about nutrition and recovery from here after a week like that...