Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hill training

Unfortunately put swiss army knife through my thumb on Sun night and as a result went to Doctor on Monday and ended up having a couple of stitches. Result was that I needed to stop running for a few days to aid in keeping the blood pressure down. Hopefully stitches will come out tomorrow.

Ended up doing just over 55k which was less than the grand plans I was hoping for but instead managed to get in some hill training whilst doing at marathon pace, 7k and 10k efforts. Also manged a 17k run which included 6*600m at 5k pace with 90 sec recovery jogs as well as another 17k on hilly course.

Need to ramp up the training again to the 90k+ mark, thinking of either doing a longer tempo run on Fri or may use Point Walter 16k race as a tempo run, would want to do under 1h10m if I go down that path.

1 comment:

Epi said...

That'll teach you for trying to be a home handyman.

Pretty sure I'll go long this Sunday - let me know your plans.