Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lower K's but good finish to the week

Unfortunately due to longer work hours and me being a bit slack was unable to run early on during the week and the weather Thursday(being a wuss) meant my first run was on Friday. Did a quick interval session on the exercise bike Thurs.

Trace has decided to meet up with me in Canberra so that has me pumped up a bit at the moment and hopefully she can inspire me to reach my goal. It was great her being there at the finish for Sydney

Had a Physio session Friday for some massaging on the calves, also went to podiatrist about outside heel wear, not much can be done there. Shins have been quite sore recently and Podiatrist mentioned that going to Kayanos may assist there so will just see how we go as I really like the Nimbus and have been doing my long runs in these.

Week in Summary 62.1k @ 4:49.

Fri 20k@4.47 Medium long run that was interrupted a few times due to work phoning the mobile. Finished with last couple of k's in 4.20's. Was quite tough in patches running into a strong wind

Sat 10k@5.08 Recovery type run in Kayanos and I'm hoping that this may have broke through the mental barrier as I intentionally ran laps of the oval(18) with the ipod, fingers crossed there.

Sun am 21k100m@4.33 Marathon pace run with Craig, felt really comfortable and finished strongly. This run was a real confidence booster and hopefully gets me back into the groove. Unfortunately Craig hurt his achilles, fingers crossed it is just a niggle and he is back up and running in a couple of days.

Sun pm 11k@5.10 Recovery type run but on a hilly course in 33-34 deg temp. Other than legs being slightly sore from this mornings session, good run.

Hope to do some decent k's this week and think I'll flag Matilda Bay 10k to concentrate on the longer stuff but will make final decision later on in the week. Lets hope I'm now back on track

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

Rob, I think you are in shape for 3:10-3:15. 21k @ marathon pace is a tough run on its own. If I were you, I'll be tempted to run the 10k. I think Pfitzinger also schedules a couple of tune-up races during the marathon training.

cheers