Sunday, December 20, 2009

Like a Lobster in the Sun

Went and saw the Doctor on Monday afternoon as a result of the stomach issues continuing and he believes I have Inflamed Intestines. I've been prescribed 2 different antibiotics and his analogy was that my energy levels are similar to what a lobster would feel after being frazzled in the sun and to take it very easy on the running side.

I'm due to go and get my repeats this afternoon so hopefully within the next week I'll start getting back to normal, at least I now know why I've been feeling as I have.

Onto the running side, I've run 27kms@4:53 on 4 runs ans am happy just getting out and plodding along when I feel up to it. I also made a trip to the Pod whilst the running isn't a priority and he is very happy with how things are going and how I'm landing although he is making a couple of adjustments to the orthotics which may assist with the adductor issue.

Congrats to all who did 6 inch today in pretty tough conditions.

This will more than likely be my last post before Christmas so wishing all and respective families a Merry Christmas.

4 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Rob - hope you recover soon and merry christmas !

trailblazer777 said...

Happy Christmas time...I cant get that image of the Eagles beanie on Mt everest out of my head, its giving me nightmares...well done on sorting out a few issues there, hope the ortho adjustments help and you have a relaxed summer and come back with the two P's for a fantastic 2010!

Biscuitman said...

Sounds nasty but good that you can still get out there and run and that you know what it is so you can get on top of it.

Hope to catch up in the new year for some training and races.

DC64 said...

Yikes. Mind you, I felt a bit like that after City Beach so it's probably best to be indoors right now... hope you feel better soon.