Sunday, December 13, 2009

The 2 P's

Patience and being Positive are 2 things that runners need and thats exactly what I'll be relying on as I gradually increase my running over the next few weeks. I've worked out that I need about a solid 13-15 weeks inclusive of taper to have a chance of a good marathon, which gives me 3 to 5 weeks to build my base.

Week in Summary 34k@4:53

Mon 10k@4:45
Tues 13k@4:53
Wed 8k@5:00
Sun 3k@5:00

Started the week strongly, however wasn't feeling well from Thurs to Sat, tummy still playing up and no energy so took some time off running.

The adductor/groin area was was quite sore this morning so decided to call it quits early on in the run, more precautionary than anything I hope and with it being 30 deg at 8am, I didn't need too many reasons :). Taking it easy for the rest of the day with some icing,compression and TENS machine and hopefully tomorrow I can go for an easy jog.

The foot is feeling a lot better and today I feel the best I have since I've got back from Nepal, so things are def on the up. Hopefully a couple of visits to the Physio will assist with the adductor and I'll be on my way.

If all goes to plan, next week I hope to do approx 50-60k with a long run of 15-20k.

Kudos to those esp Gunner that ran Busselton last week in very hot conditions.

Best of luck to Epi(if he is running) and TB in their 6 inch run next Sun, starting at 4.30 will mean they'll miss most of the heat. I may even pop down and do the 11k run and offer support, I'll see how the week goes and whether we have other committments before deciding.

2 comments:

Epi said...

So those are the 2 P's!

Good to see things improving, albeit slowly. I assume you've seen someone re the ongoing upset stomach?

Sling Runner said...

Completely agree with the 2 Ps.

Still plenty of time to build your base. I'd say the hardest part when you start running again would be the long run.