Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pumped

Off next week on our trip to Nepal, caught up with Epi, his dad and Jeff for a get together to go through things and make sure we're all prepared, everyone is very excited.

Haven't run since Melb and I haven't missed it to be honest, I think I'm so pumped about our trip that nothing else matters. I'm really enjoying the hiking and can potentially see some huge benefits to my running and may post Nepal include it in my training regime. The foot is still a bit sore and Epi had a quick look today but it is has been improving everyday,so happy with that.

Have done a number of hour plus walks in the boots and with backpack fully loaded culminating in a couple of decent weekend walks . Yesterday I did 5 * Mt Yokine Hill yesterday, the hill is about 700m long with a 50m increase in altitude with the steepest point being a 22 deg gradient near the top. Today I walked from Mount Street to the Kokoda Trail and then did 8* Kokoda in under 40 minutes and then walked back to Mount Strett and did 4 * Mount Street. Kokoda is a lot harder than both Mount Yokine and Mount St, Trace mentione it is harder than Jacobs Ladder as she did 1 with me before doing her standard 10 Jacobs Ladder.

I registered for Boston this week so hopefully will get accepted whilst I'm away and then that is the next big goal, although I may look at doing 6 inch in Dec if all goes well.

May not post again before we go, so if not, I hope all is well with others and the running continues to go well, hopefully Biscuitman can recover quickly from his ITB issues.

3 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Have a great time Rob - sounds awesome. Cheers for your good wishes re my injury too.

Look forward to catching up when you get back. We have a couple of Boston guide books we can lend to you and Craig.

DC64 said...

Just noticed on the Boston website that your entry had been confirmed. Hope you guys have a great time in Nepal; altitude training - I'm jealous... about Boston too!

trailblazer777 said...

Awesome stuff! well done on the Boston entry too. agree re the hiking helps with running. hope you make it to 6 inch too. All the best in Nepal!