Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Adductor Strain

What would Marathon week be without a bit of drama to put you on the edge?

Went to the physio today who confirmed that I've strained my adductor again, although I don't think it's as bad as last time. An hour later after opening of the hips,massage and use of the machine, it feels quite a bit better. There was also a bit of work done to strip down the peroneals as they were also quite tender.

I'll go for an easy 8k tomorrow and hopefully on Thurs before flying, can run a few at MP. In the meantime I have a massage booked in for tomorrow, plenty of rest and the TENS Machine will get a bit of a workout.

Hopefully won't impact on performance too much and has confirmed that I'll be wearing the short skins which will assist due to the compression component.



Weather for Melb is looking ok, 9 and 22 now with winds up to 40km. Hopefully very still on the way out and then we can run with the wind on the way back, I can hardly wait to finish in the mighty stadium.

Found an interesting article posted on Coolrunning re Carbo Loading, will post it tomorrow.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

sounds good! I'm thinking of a light run on the Tan on Saturday or Friday beforehand...
Hope it all comes good for you on the day, and the awesome finish on the G will be something to remember and celebrate!

Biscuitman said...

Be conservative and try to maintain your confidence.