Sunday, April 26, 2009

Much better week

Achieved my goal of this week of running every day and have started loving running in the mornings again. The right leg pain has gone and the ribs have improved a lot, so things are looking good.

One thing I need to work on though is pace, every session I went quicker than what I was planning, happy though to get in a few MP km's which is a big focus for me leading into Perth.

Week In Summary 72.28k@4:28

Mon pm 7k@4:25
Tues am 8k@4:21 incl last 3k @MP
Wed am 13.15k@4:33 1 hour run
Thurs am 10k@4:43 Recovery run
Fri am 12k incl first 10k@4:20 with last 6k@4:13, slightly quicker than MP. 2K cooldown.
Sat am 8.06k@4:24
Sun am 14.07k@4:22, 1/3 Marathon done at 3.05 pace. Normally would have done a longer run today but because of other commitments, got out for a quick run.

Will look at trying to do 2 runs of 25k+ this week to make up for lack of long run this week, so a big week should be on the cards.

3 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Nothing wrong with running your daly runs quick as long as they don't ruin your quality workouts.

Epi said...

Hope to catch up for a couple of long runs in the coming weeks, if I can keep up ( I've regained the underdog status).

Hmm... Sydney sounds interesting, could probably convince Tiff to stay at the Shangrila again!

trailblazer777 said...

and the clown is back!