Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cracked rib/ribs

Went to the doctor today who diagnosed me with having cracked either a rib or a couple of ribs. Been prescribed some panadeine forte and advised that it could take 4-6 weeks to heal properly and that I should probably cycle as opposed to run.

Then I spoke with Epi who advised that I couldn't do any more damage by running but to take it easy, so decided to go for a very quick pm run. Result: painful but not too bad, so will take it easy with no intervals or tempo runs at this stage. Right knee still quite sore but nothing a bit of ice won't fix.

Will be happy with a 50-60km week this week, thanks Epi for the advice.

4 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Hope you'll have a speedy recovery.

I wish every doctor is like Epi !

homo said...

OUCH!

Take it easy and listen to the Doc.

Hope it heals quickly (heels? - just trying to make something out of this without ribbing you too much ;-)!)

DC64 said...

Sounds painful - I did this a few years a go and it wasn't fun. Hope it repairs quickly...

Clown said...

Thanks guys, Homo you're a shocker :).