Sunday, March 22, 2009

Watch out Arnie

Included some weights in my program this week, so am all pumped up and thinking of going in some body building comps.

Now being serious, was extremely happy with my running this week and believe that things have turned the corner, not only from the leg soreness but also the mental side, although I'm sure they go hand in hand. The km's weren't high but the quality of a couple of the runs was very pleasing.

Week in Summary 50.7k@4:28

Mon am 5k@4:40 Easy type run
pm upper body weights and abs

Tues am 10k@4:37 Canberra 2008 Pace
pm leg weights and boxing

Thurs pm 14.07k@4:22 incl 2k warmup@4:28,8k mp@4:15,4.07k cooldown @4:35
Very happy with this session that included a quicker pace warmup and then marathon pace on a undulating course. Found the pace a lot easier than I was expecting and was pretty chuffed at the end of the session that included a quicker pace cooldown as well.

Fri am 11.3k@4:39 Easy type run

Sun am 10.33k@4:07 incl 3k warmup @4:15, 5k@3:49 and 2.33k@4:37
Ran in my 2130's I bought yesterday which felt great. Just felt in the zone today and so decided to push myself a bit on this one. Ran the first 3k@marathon pace and then with no break ran my quickest ever training run of 5k in 19.05 on a slightly undulating course, finished up with 2.33k cooldown. Could of pushed the 5k a bit quicker but once again very happy.

Congrats to Epi on a huge HM PB, looks good for Canberra.

It seems as though all the work on the leg is starting to pay off as well as wearing the long skins after running, and the bonus is I haven't lost any speed at all. Much happier running in the Supernova's and 2130's so far, so will stick with these and my old control's for shorter runs. Hoping to add a long run into my program on Sunday of this week as I start to increase the km's.

5 comments:

Epi said...

It's not going to take you long to get back to form, going by those runs.

Are you going to do any races in coming weeks or get stuck in to base training?

trailblazer777 said...

Good week. Nice to see you running again. Thursday and Sundays runs very good. The rest good backups, good idea to bring in some weights. I think getting the shoes right is a major key to avoiding or recovering from injury...
Well done, and all the best with stepping it up again with caution...

DC64 said...

Great to see you back on the horse with some nice fast running. Are you tempted to run the Bridges 5/10K?

Clown said...

Epi and Sugar, tempted to do the Bridges after last weeks efforts but will try and stick to my guns and start building up the weekly km's.

Sling Runner said...

Good to see you back. Sunday's 5k training run was impressive, lots of people would be happy running such time in races.