Sunday, March 15, 2009

Massive week

After pulling out of Canberra, I now have an airline voucher credit to use before the end of the year, so may do the Sydney or Melb Marathons later in the year, depends on what happens re Perth City to Surf Marathon and whether I do or not.

Week in Summary 15.55k@4:35

Had a nasty cold early in the week that stopped me from considering running which was a blessing as I may have been tempted to go for a run even though I was supposed to rest(I'm not a good patient). Still lingering at the moment but def on the improve.

Sat 10.55k @4:34 Ran in my Adidas Supernova Sequences and ran a lot quicker than I planned, was very happy with how the legs felt, still a bit of pain in the achilles and shin but certainly a lot better. Have decided not to run in the cursed pair of Adistar Control which I think caused the injury to start off with.

Sun 5k@4:35 Quick run on the grass whilst Trace ran around Yokine Reserve. Legs felt pretty good again,interestingly the left leg is more sore than the right, which was the one causing me most grief before, mixed the pace up a bit incl some at MP and quicker.


Aiming to run a bit more this week, I know it's hard to believe that I could and may even be tempted to do Darlington Half if things go well, probably wishful thinking. If I do run it,will treat it as a long run and aim to do around 1.40, so certainly not trying to race.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

good to see some runs on the board, and Trace running too! Cool! Hey re the airline credit...come to Melbourne with us...! Its an incredible experience running onto the MCG, even if you only do the Half or the 10k...but enter very early no spots left in the Half about 1-2 months beforehand...

Sling Runner said...

Good to see you running again Rob! Agree with TB that Melbourne marathon is a good event, maybe not as scenic as Sydney but the course is decent (80% flat, rest undulanting)