Sunday, May 4, 2008

Shoes driving me nuts

The Brooks Infiniti I decided to try lasted a whole 40k's, yes 3 runs and I had to take them back as the outersole was worn through in the one place on the left heel and I was into the midsole. The sports store were shocked and took them off to the bootmaker to get fixed and in the meantime have got me to try some adidas, not faring much better with those.

I'm due to get my new orthotics next week and hope they will fix the issue, have also booked into see a biomechanist who is coming over from the Eastern States, please can one of these assist me as running is becoming a very expensive hobby at present.

From the running perspective was pretty happy with the week in general, the plantaris is still sore but is on the improve and other than the odd niggle on my right foot, things seem to going pretty well. Also been very tight in back and neck, maybe because of upper body stuff. Would have liked to have done a few more k's on the longer run but ran out of time due to other commitments.

Week in Summary 62.25k@4.53

Mon Upper body and abs workout

Tues 13k@4:52 incl hills

Wed 10k@4:59 Recovery

Thurs Upper body and abs workout

Fri 12k@4:47 Quickest run since Canberra. Also had deep tissue massage which included back and neck

Sat 10.25k@4:52

Sun 16.5k@4.55

May not opt for the 32k run next Sun, maybe a bit soon. Aim is to continue to build up k's over the next few weeks esp long run and gradually include some small tempo k's into the mix

4 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

Keep building slowly, some good runs there!

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/runningguide/wiki/index.php/Perth#Medical_.26_Doctors

Hope the Biomechanist helps, there are some at ECU Joondalup and UWA too...

Sling Runner said...

Are you not with Peak Podiatry anymore?

Do you want to try New Balance shoes? Cheaper than Asics but quite long lasting for me.

homo said...

Sounds all very severe!

I see you have opened up a thread, I hope you get some decent answers. Putting up pictures sounds like a good idea (if only to quieten the doubters).
Keep us posted.

Clown said...

Thanks for the tips guys. Just heard some bad things about guy coming over from East so will def try someone locally. May give the NB a go, I'm going to see how the new orthotics go and then decide what to do from there.

Not at peak pod at present, took to long to be able to get in, at present am at Excel in O.Park, pretty good there plus they also have physios and other sports people there