Sunday, May 11, 2008

Good progress

Very happy with the weeks running as I start to get back into a routine after Canberra. Also have started running in my new orthotics after getting them Friday, they are very different than my previous ones so it will be interesting to see how they go and will build the k's gradually in these.

Also got back my Infiniti from the sports store after being at the bootmakers and they have done a great job, much better than the previous bootmaker, lets hope they last a while. Have also got them to do the same on the Adidas so looking forward to getting them back and running in them again soon. In the meantime will do most of my runs in the Nimbus, have a few pairs that have been built up and will look at building the k's with the Infiniti. The thinking from the pod over time is to do most of my training in the Infiniti and Adidas and racing in the Nimbus as I love them so much and maybe even look at racing flats but we will take it one step at a time. Lets just see some shoes that will last for a while.

Week in summary 84.1k@4:51

Mon pm Upper body and abs workout.

Tues pm 14.07k@4:28 Marathon pace run, wasn't planning on going quite so fast but felt in the zone and decided to make it into a good session. Included a few hills.

Wed am 10.03k@4:59 Easy run done on the streets.
pm 6k@5:07 Recovery run done incl 4k on the oval.



Fri am 20k@4:59 Real struggle where I stopped a no of times, quite humid and went through drinks quickly, wasn't in the zone. Included hills.
pm Upper body and abs workout

Sat am 10k@4:47 Included 5k in new orthotics, really felt the diff between the 2.

Sun am 24k@4:54 Including 8k in new orthotics. Stopped at home at 16k and swapped orthotics. Felt pretty good throughout run with a quick drink at 10k and then 1/2 a bottle of powerade at 16k.

Had a look at the race calendar during the week and will potentially look at doing 10k Lake Monger and Perth Half Marathon before Perth Marathon. Not really sure as to what to expect in 10k as I haven't really done any speedwork and haven't run a 10k since Bridges last year. Perth Half will be around the 1.33-1.35 mark I would have thought.

Aug onwards will have the focus on lowering 5 and 10k times.

Haven't decided on exact goal for Perth Mara yet will just see how the weeks go before deciding on aims but would like to at least do a reasonable one in my home state.

5 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Great week there. I believe with your mileage and training paces, a sub-90 for Perth HM is well on the cards.

Clown said...

Meant to say that Half would be at approx Mara pace, maybe a bit quicker, with decent warmup and cooldown.

Epi said...

So I take it if 1:33-1:35 is marathon pace, you're looking at a sub3:10.

I better get back into it quick if I want to run with you! :)

I'm impressed with your times and mileage this week - I was really struck by the difficulty of a 4:55 paced 15k today.

Clown said...

Epi,sub 3.10 is the ultimate goal if everything goes to plan, I'm a bit wary of setting too high a goal and will just see how the next few weeks go before committing.

I'm wary of work getting too busy as next couple of months is our real busy period .

Your 15k run was prob like my Sun run the week before and the Fri run of this week, doesn't take much to turn it around.

trailblazer777 said...

Good to see you getting back into the groove again,hopefully everything will go relatively smoothly from here. I plan to be at Lake Monger,Pert Half and Perth Marathon too.