Monday, December 15, 2008

Maybe I should take it easy for a while

Last week I ended up sick with a cold and headaches which meant only 3 days of running, Thurs, Fri and Sunday, although I did get to try my racing flats which were great. I attempted City Beach run Sunday and only did 1.7k in 6 minutes before pulling out and have been in bed sick since other than for a couple of hours with bad headaches and feeling nauseus.

So it looks as though just for the time being I will take it easy on the running front and just slowly build up the km's and intensity as opposed to what I normally do. The unfortuntate bit is that it rules me out of 6 inch which was only a 50/50 proposition and the Perry Lakes 3000m on the track which I was really looking forward to, although I'm hoping to come down to watch.

Anyway, best of Luck to Epi and Sugar in the 3000m time trial and to Epi and TB and others in 6 inch.

5 comments:

DC64 said...

Sorry you're feeling crook - crappy timing. Rest is supposed to do us good, so hopefully you'll come back all the stronger for it...

Sling Runner said...

Perhaps you should schedule a recovery week every 3-4 weeks to let the body rest a bit and adapt, for example cut both volume (long run) and tempo/intervals length by 20-25%.

Which racing flats are you wearing?

Epi said...

Thats bad news...

Sounds like a smart plan, although I'll miss your pacing at both those events

trailblazer777 said...

all the best with getting the body right. That easy week 1 in 4 Sling has mentioned sounds like a good periodisation option to me too!
disappointed we won't see you on the trails this weekend! oh well maybe another year. Hope you get well soon...

Clown said...

Thanks Guys.
Sling, I've pencilled in a lot of my running for early next year which does include some lighter weeks but also looking at doing some longer intervals.

The racers are Brooks ST2 couldn't get the ST3's, bit heavier than most as I need some extra support.