Sunday, February 15, 2009

On the bike

My leg unfortunately worsened since my last blog and so my training has been done done on the Exercise Bike since Tuesday. With a bit of luck my cardio is still on track and will still allow a decent attempt at Canberra. I was hoping to try and duplicate where possible my running with appropriate training on the bike, so a big week on the bike occurred.

I removed my entry from earlier in the week and replaced with this one, thanks Sugar and Epi re comments, bonus of the time spent on the bike is that I've lost some weight nearly a kg in a week.

Week in Summary Run 9k Bike 265.3k Exercise Time 9h34min


Mon pm Run 6k@5:00 along the streets
Tues pm Run 3k@4:55 at Yokine Reserve, leg very sore and so called it quits.
Bike 20.5k in 45 min
Wed pm Bike 43.5 k in 90 min
Thurs pm Bike 46k in 90 min
Fri pm Tempo style Bike Ride 40km total incl 7.5k warmup, 25k tempo in 43 min, 7.5k cooldown.
Sat pm 30k Recovery ride in 64min
Sun pm 85k300m in 165 min. Long style bike ride, would have gone for longer but had other committments.


Congrats to Epi on a huge pb in the 10k this morning, really well deserved and puts you in a great place re doing sub 3 at Canberra. I still have high hopes of doing the same, so the next few weeks are crucial.

If all goes to plan this week will start running early in the week and will take it easy re pace with tempo and intervals to be done on the bike, would love to be able to do long run on Sunday.

3 comments:

Epi said...

Nice work with the cycling - must take a bit of mental toughness to spend that long on the bike.

I forgot to ask, any problems with different muscles being used on the bike?

Sorry you weren't out there today, definitely would have done a PB too

Clown said...

Epi, not so bad when you have a decent show on and air con and fan on.

Only issue I had on the bike was the achilles being a bit tighter and sore than normal, other than that felt great.

trailblazer777 said...

Ive been on the bike a lot more than expected lately too. Am thinking of doing Freeway Bike Hike (30km or 60km) on March 22nd...well done!