Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hopefully things back on track

What started as a shocking week, ended up with a positive and hopefully the appetite to get back into my normal routine soon.

Unfortunately was off sick from work, Monday and Tues and then struggled on and off Wed and Thurs, still not 100% at the moment as still a bit blocked but def on the improve.

The effort of running was tough, it felt like I was starting from scratch but without the buzz,breathing wasn't easy and the calves and quads also were quite sore

Summary of week 35.25km @ 4:44 pace

Fri pm:8k500m@4:49
Sat am:10k550m@4:50
Sun pm:16k100m@4:38- Was aiming ambitiously to do 20km this morning but the weather was too windy and opted out. Ended up going this arvo and really struggled until the 10km mark and then all of a sudden felt as though it was getting a lot easier and picked up the pace a bit, lets hope this is sign of things to come.

Great catching up with Henry, Craig and Tiff for dinner on Thurs, thanks once again Henry for shouting, will be my turn when you blitz Berlin and do under 3:21.

Henry, all the best with Berlin, looking forward to seeing your result.

Craig, hope the recovery is still going well and the hammies are on the improve.

Not sure what the coming week will bring, I'll take it as it comes. Still tempted to do Freo run, will decide later on in the week.

Also, will take the bike to the bikeshop and get a quote on getting fixed as looking at Henry's Ironman training, it is luring me to getting back onto the bike for some cross training as opposed to the exercise bike.

2 comments:

homo said...

I really have to make the cut off, already two offers for dinner!!!

As I said to Epi, dinner in Boston it should be.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll imagine you guys pushing me all the way.

See you when I'm back.

Sling Runner said...

It's just amazing how fitness is quickly lost when you stop running. But nice pick-up in training over the weekend, though.