Sunday, July 20, 2008

Building up

Increased my km's this week despite being out of action for 3 days this week with migraine caused by bad neck and back.

Week in Summary 53.5k@4.43 average. Haven't bothered listing all sessions as most were done at similar pace.

Highlights were longest run since Marathon 21.1k@4.50 Ran the City to Surf course from West Perth and then ran back, first 10k run at 4.43 and intentionally slowed down the last half. Was 1.2 deg at 7.10 when I started.

Also ran an 8k run which incl 2k run at <4min/km.

Interval work done on exercise bike 5*4min fast with 2 min recoveries.

Went to the physio this week and had some video analysis done on my running, physio is convinced he can make me quicker and get rid of my hammie and groin problems. He was very happy to say that he believes it is all to do with technique and that lot of the issue is that I don't use my glutes very much, hence putting extra strain elsewhere. Will be going back once I get back from Singapore and he will be introducing some running drills to help fix the issue. I'm sold, bring it on, watch out Olympians :).

Time to start targetting some interval work and may start doing some weekly sessions with Epi.



Have identified some key races to target over the next 6 months with aims to bring down my pb's in 5, 10 and HM, although haven't decided on whether to run Run for Gold next week but if I do maybe the 5k will be the option.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

Sounds interesting re: physio analysis on the glutes. I have the opposite problem, no hammy & lower leg problems, only glutes.

All the best if you decide to do Run 4 Gold.