Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Years to everyone and I wish you and your families a great 2010.

This weeks focus was running on some hillier courses after reviewing Boston Course, the thing that I'm amazed at is the downwards portions of the course especially at the start and near the finish. Will have to practice hill repeats both upward and downwards at faster than MP in the coming weeks

Week in Summary 54km@4:52

Mon 6.5km@4:53 Hills Ascent 128m Descent 119m
Tues 8km@4:43 Perry Lakes Ascent 128m Descent 127m.
Wed 10.25km@4:55 Ascent 230m Descent 213m
Thurs 7.25km@4:56 Ascent 125m Descent 130m
Sat 8.05km@4:38 Ascent 147m Descent 161m
Sun 14km@5:02 Kings Park Ascent 284m Descent 330m

Overall reasonably happy with the week but a bit disappointed with this mornings run, I was hoping to do more but a combination of left hip being sore, may be too many hills for the week and lack of mental toughness made me finish early.

Next week I plan on doing some kms at MP, some more hill work and hopefully a better Sun run. I have finally made an appointment with my sports physio as opposed to normal physio, so hopefully he can assist in a couple of areas that need attention.

5 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Nice week. Bu the way, how did you get the ascent/descent numbers? Is it from garmin?

I used to see a sports physio in Subiaco. Forgot his name, but I think it was David (he is also WAMC member and advertises thru the newsletter)

Biscuitman said...

Good work - that's a solid week. We may be at a similar spot training wise at the moment so might be an opportunity to hook up for some runs.

Also, I just found (again) what I think is the best Boston resource available, a tried and tested (by hundreds) Boston specific marathon pacing spreadsheet (with lots of additional info). I don't know how to put it on my blog - don't think it is possible so will have to work out a way to get it to you by email.

My work email is simon.ward@housing.wa.gov.au

trailblazer777 said...

Solid week! Like the ascent,descent data, sounds like the Boston plans are off to a good start.
I'm curious how that compares to my hills reps course here in Beeliar. Maybe go easy on the hills a little though, 1-3 flatter run days might not go astray. Maybe also some crosstraining? The sports physio option sounds very good. Thanks for your comments. be interesting to see how the Eagles new mosquito fleet (write up in yesterdays Sunday Times) goes. Hope you can stay on top of the niggles. Way to go.

Epi said...

Good to see things picking up.

Careful with too many hills too quickly ,that can lead to overuse injuries sometimes.

DC64 said...

Good week good hills! Like others have said, don't go too nuts on the hills - IMO for Boston it's downhill running you'll want to get going so your legs are strong for part 2 of the course. There aren't any hills in the Boston course that you can't find similar in King's Park. Own King's Park and you'll own Boston...