Sunday, January 10, 2010

Time to step things up a notch

Another reasonable week of training, although I skipped the longer run this morning in favour of a ride on the exercise bike so that I could catch up on some shows I've taped.

Week in Summary Running 41k@4:48 46k bike-90 min

Tues 7k Failed attempt at Intervals in 34 deg heat. Wanted to do 3*800m in approx 3:00 with 2 min recoveries. Did 1*800m and 1*500m and gave up.

Wed 8k incl 3*800m in 3:05 with 2 min walk recoveries. Disgusted at yesterdays effort, I was up at 5am to do Intervals. Managed to complete them but a bit slower than what I'd have liked but shows how much work I need to do, left hip was quite sore and slowed me a little.

Thurs 8k @4:44
Fri 8k@ 4:41
Sat 10k@5:00 Hills
Sun 46k bike ride

Went to the sports physio who has given me some exercises to do, he mentions that my glutes don't get used much when I run and hence some of the issues I have with hammies,peroneals etc. Got another session this Wed so hopefully we can make some real progress there over the next few weeks.

Hopefully Epi can recover from his knee injury quickly and be up and running very soon.

This week I hope to get the km's up to around the 70km and am looking at going to Intervals on Tues at Alderbury, hopefully a few km's at MP and a reasonable long run will top things off.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

Good (cautious) progress by the sound of things. Yes, intervals are always a bitch when you resume training since the mind, body & legs are not used to them anymore.