Monday, April 7, 2008

Interesting buildup

Certainly been an interesting buildup to this marathon and now I'm just looking forward to running this sucker.

This week had a deep tissue massage and then same day went to a new podiatrist who ended up giving me acupuncture to free up the very tight calf, he reckons this may be part of the reason for the issues with my shins and soreness in back of left leg. Once back from Marathon he is going to do some more acupuncture and look at guiding me re my shoe choice etc.



Week in summary 50k avg 4.40. Also rode 26K in 50 min on the exercise bike on Sat.

Highlights of the week were 8k tempo@4.15 incl small hills, last k done in 4.00. Also another marathon pace run and then 17k run with Craig.

This week taking it easy with a couple of small runs, do a carbo depletion run of 11k incl 4k at Marathon pace and just looking forward to Sun.

2 comments:

Sling Runner said...

Good work Rob. I predict you'll ace 3.15 fairly comfortably.

If you are in SG on 24 Aug, there is a very big HM here.

All the best. Looking forward to your race report.

Clown said...

Cheers Widi, I hope you are right re the time. Fingers crossed.