Sunday, September 19, 2010

Taper time

Struggled a bit this week on occasions with a dodgy stomach, headaches and feeling nauseous. As a result, most of the running was easy and I went to the doctor on Thurs. Off to provide stool sample tomorrow as well as having a blood test for fbc,iron,b12,folate.lipids and hdl.



Week in Summary Running 80.22k@4:35 Cycling 63.5k

Mon 5k@4:43

Tues 9k@4:26

Wed 10.61k@4:15
6.68k@4:30

Thurs 12.16k@4:56

Fri 13.57k@4:34

Sat 15.2k@4:36

Sun 8k@4:39 Bike 63.5k. Wanted to run for between 90 minutes and 2 hours, however had to rush home to go to the loo. Ended up doing just over 2 hours on the exercise bike with a couple of quick loo stops.

Hopefully stomach is on the improve and I can have a couple of quality sessions next week incl a reasonably easy paced long run.


Saw a great WAFL Grand final on the tv, hopefully the AFL gf is a good one, although it looks like the black and whites will win that one as well.

Hope Sling, Epi and TB are all overcoming their different obstacles at present and that they'll we'll all finish on the G in 3 weeks time.

6 comments:

DB on the run said...

http://www.runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=20675

DC64 said...

Hope you start to feel better soon ; both myself and Kim had some sort of 'nausea' bug last week and I know there's a bit of gastro going around. Fingers crossed, keep your fluids up and you'll be right by race day. You're in such great shape, I don't think some stupid bug will set you back at all.

Epi said...

Take it easy mate -

I sound like a broken record, but all the hard work is already done

Sling Runner said...

I echo Epi's comment. You've done all the hard work. Hopefully the sickness will go away in no time.

Biscuitman said...

I don't think a bit of a down week will impact on you at all come race day (and you still knocked out 80km).

Trust the training you have done and think back to some of those great sessions inc your fast finish long run.

trailblazer777 said...

Hope things come good for all of us, although we are starting to sound like an Australian CG team...injured, boycotting, injured, illness, injured...
did someone say terrorist group?
My flights are paid for, and I will be going there racing or not. the 31k and the 10k in the last 2 weeks says to me PB is totally a good chance so I really am very keen, and I think/hope I can manage the hammy. I will be there on 10/10/10! unless I break a leg or something.

Hard to know who to support on the weekend as Freo players on both teams, and Subi not playing, my wifes favourite WAFL team wasnt playing either, but mate of mine is a big Swannies supporter, and we used to live close to their ground, so we were black and white supporters on the weekend in a big way by default...good hard fought game, sad that one team had to lose really, I read Andrew Brownes meter in Mosman Park one year...he had a lot of weights benches etc in his backyard...Walters and Naitanaui grew up on the same street and both were swans players, Chris Lewis John Todd both Swans coaches with Eagles connections. Hanson playing for Swans swift for Claremont...it was like a smorgasboard of ex or current AFL fringe players.
Happy to see K having a positive change in life he will be back in the AFL very soon...

Hope you can get past this bug quickly cos you have a very big PB waiting if you can...
for a week when not well thats very impressive...keep focused and positive.