Monday, March 1, 2010

Time to get Boston specific

Whoa that was one hot week and I ended up running mostly after work when it was nice and hot.

Week in Summary 65.5km@4:40

Mon Exercise Bike 20 mins easy

Tues 13km incl Intervals of 200m,400m,200m with 100m jogs between reps * 5 with 3 min breaks between sets. Averaged 40 sec for 200m and 85 for the 400's.

Wed 8.25@4:50 40 mins easy

Thurs 13k incl failed attempt of Tempo with Biscuitman. Combination of foot being sore and struggling in general led me to pull back at approx 4.5km and jog back.

Fri 8.35km@4:48 Ran in approx 35 deg heat and struggled.

Sat 12.6km incl 8k@4:06 tempo. After faild attemp Thurs morning, ran a lot better this morning and happy with effort.

Sun 10.25km @4:52 Hills in 35 deg heat.

Mon am 27.75km@4:49 with Craig incl hills of Kings Park and 10km along river. Stuggled with hammies form 17-19km. Quick stretch made them feel a a lot better and then upped the ante for a few km to just over MP. Stuggled once we stopped at the uni and from there it was jog,walk for the next 4km. Even though I struggled after the MP running I'm glad it was done as it was a bit of a reality check as to where I'm placed at present.

Mon pm 8.25km@4:55 Another hot run in 36 deg heat but this time ran with a drink. Got me up to 36km for the day, legs felt good so happy with days efforts.

Last 7 days 101.5km, so things are getting there.

This week I will try and get in some specific Boston workouts. Tomorrow arvo provided legs are ok will involve downhill repeats, Thurs am will involve MP running as opposed to Tempo and hopefully a couple of hill sessions will be included for the week. I'm hoping that the next 4 weeks will bring some further progress and make another BQ a reality.

Congrats to the Dockers on a win on the siren and to TB for his 6 hour run on the weekend, not sure how you do it, more than 10 laps would do my head in.

2 comments:

Biscuitman said...

Well done Rob - that's a big week.

I see you are doing an MP run this week. I am treating yesterday's race as my tempo run for the week as will be running 3min hard/2min easy repeats on Thursday so it seems that we don't fit in this week.

Sling Runner said...

Same conditions over here too...35c lately due to El Nino. Fortunately, I ran very early (5-6am start) or on treadmill for easy runs.

Good week despite the hot weather.

Btw, my marathon shoe will be Adizero Boston