Sunday, December 9, 2007

Endurance Phase Begins

Started my Endurance Phase for Canberra this week and was very happy with the week in general, although developed blisters on my Sun run, will monitor as 2nd long run in the Glycerin.

Summary: 90k 7h12min Avg Pace 4m47s

Mon: 22k 1h45m(made up for no long run on Sun)
Wed 14k 1h8m15s
Thu 7k 33m8s (Recovery)
Fri 17k 1h23m
Sat 6k 30m30s (Recovery)
Sun 24k 1h51m52s

Felt great all week and the 24k run at 4.40 pace was very comfortable, did the City to Surf Route to beach and return to Kings Park was via Hale Rd . I still need to learn to make my recovery runs a bit slower but really struggle to go much slower.

Off to the podiatrist on Fri after trying all different types of shoes due to excessive wear on the outside of left heel and will ask for gait analysis to be done in all of them. I have to say that I love running in the Nimbus and Glycerin not too bad bar the blisters (may just be from build up of k's suddenly), not a fan of the 2120's though. Hoping after the analysis he can guide me in the right direction. Shoes not lasting much more than 300k but getting less injuries, so that's a good thing but still think orthotic on left foot may be excessive.

Plans for the next few weeks is some consolidation of k's with emphasis on endurance and will be looking at the 70-85k per week range

Doubt whether I'll be able to run with Epi on Sun due to friends going away to Singapore function Sat night but if I do happen to wake up nice and early I'll come along and lend some support. If I don't get there Epi, all the best and hope you are feeling much better than last week.

1 comment:

Sling Runner said...

That's a solid week, 90k @ 4:47 pace :) The future looks very rosy...