Sunday, December 16, 2007

Canberra Hotel and Flights Booked

All excited now as I booked hotel and flights for Canberra Marathon. Would have liked to have got into Rydges Capital Hill which is 200m from start but fully booked, so opted for Rydges Lakeside instead which is just over the lake and I'm assuming about 5 minutes away. Please note others looking to book hotel for Canberra may need to look at soon as rooms seem to be booking out fast. Also have the entry form for marathon which can be found at www.canberramarathon.com.au/index.php?pageid=105

Went to the Podiatrist and he agrees that the Nimbus and Glycerin are the better shoes for me now. He wants me to do some trials whereby I run up to 16k in Glycerin(due to blisters) and anything longer in the Nimbus and see how I go from there. Also has given me some exercises re core strength and hip flexors especially on the left side which hopefully will assist with my running gait.

Week in summary 5 runs 75.1k 6hours Avg 4.48

17k 1h18m20s
12k 59m40s (Recovery)
16k500m 1h19m15s
8k500m 44m5s (Recovery)
21k100m 1h39m20s

Happy with how running is going and things going to plan, now just need to start working on the longer runs and building them up to 32k over the next 4 weeks.

Congrats to Epi on his fine run at 6", hope the legs aren't too bad and you can continue doing your normal training without too much recovery needed. Also congrats to the others who managed to run in what weren't ideal conditions

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Maybe I'll have to do Canberra one year...