Sunday, October 17, 2010

Melbourne Finishing Photos

A couple of photos of my finish at Melb, I ended up buying the Digital Super Pack and the DVD.









A great week for runners with the gutsy efforts of the Aussies in the Marathon and in particular that of Michael Shelley. Epi and I were lucky enough in 2008 at the Canberra Marathon Festival to see him blitz the 10k.

Also was lucky enough to go to the Craig Mottram Breakfast put on by The Running Centre. Craig gave a good insight into running and keeping it all in perspective and I took away a couple of valid pointers. The Running Centre has done a great job of giving us access to some world class athletes this year in Monas and now Mottram. I am forever grateful and have certainly learnt a lot from these experiences.

Quick update on my running

43.1k@4:44

Legs and Body feeling pretty good after Melb and ran 5 days, all easy and the highlight was doing a 10k run with Widi including around the tan.

Next couple of weeks will all be easy running and then I'll look at introducing some speedwork into the equation with the aim of trying to do a 5k pb in November at the Pen run. My physio was talking about a strengthening program post Melb which will include some swimming, so I'll touch base with her hopefully this week to look at putting that into play.

Tomorrow I register for Boston, hopefully I'll get a place in the first corral.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Good pics, looks like you had plenty of space to yourself on the G, which is what you'd expect when you are in the top 120, it sure feels special I reckon finishing on the MCG. Thats excellent re the 10k with Widi. Sure was an excellent performance by Michael Shelley to take the Silver in the New Delhi Marathon. Moneghetti and Mottram visits have been two massive highlights for me too, Radar has done some incredible things, its been a remarkable year!
All the best with the Boston plans, the Pen 5k and the strengthening. What will unfold in the final months of 2010 and in 2011?!!!